What We Do
Over the years, we have earned a reputation for quality, service and integrity in working with insurance companies and adjusters. We carefully document our process and continually update and refine our services processes to work more efficiently to meet your needs.
The Dry Cleaner by Val specializes in the pre-loss restoration of clothes, shoes, drapes, soft goods and other textiles. Our experienced team determines which garments and materials are salvageable. Then, we create an inventory of all loss related items.
Some of our signature services include:
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- On-site Damage Evaluation
- Proprietary Inventory Management System
- Immediate Turnaround of Priority Clothing
- Shoe Restoration
- On-site Drapery Cleaning and Rehanging
- Most advanced cleaning and restoration processes to ensure quality
- Customer Service and Quality Evaluations
- Competitive pricing Throughout New England
- Direct Billing to Insurance Companies
Why The Dry Cleaner by Val should be your Vendor of Choice
Click a title to learn more.
Being on the same page an adjuster is key when it comes to the damage caused by an insurance loss. Every file we manage has a scope of loss letter created and then emailed to an adjuster to detail exactly what and what was not taken from a residence. This ensures:
- Only affected items are taken for restoration
- Testing was completed in all areas of the residence
- No property from rooms occupied by uninsured person(s) is taken
It is inevitable that some items are unable to be salvaged. We understand how challenging the process must be to price these items for replacement. In order to make this process easier we:
- Please all unrestorable items in a sealed box to ensure there is no cross contamination with restored items.
- Each box is clearly labeled with the item(s) enclosed, along with their brand name and reason for being deemed “unrestorable.”
- The final invoice details all unrestorable items, also by brand name, with a “$0.00” as we do not charge for these items.
Fire, soot and water damages can affect every type of residence. Knowing this, The Dry Cleaner by Val ensures we are able to handle soft goods ranging from a moderate residence to a high end residence. We clean draperies on-site when they are:
- High-end draperies
- Custom-made or fixed to the wall
- If there is a chance of shrinkage in machine cleaning
- Lightly covered in soot with little smoke odor
We offer traditional invoicing that allows adjusters to choose to receive a bill via email, mail or fax. Being a vendor for the Crawford Contractor Connection program, we can also create our invoices using Xactimate.
With the implementation of our Salvation Army Program we have been able to further strengthen our relationship and trust within the insurance industry. This unique program allows us to:
- Urge the Insured to separate clothing they no longer want or utilize on large losses containing a lot of soft goods in order to minimize the loss for all parties.
- Provide the Insured with a signed write off form for their taxes
- Clean the clothes at our convenience
- Donate the items to the Salvation Army
- Send the adjuster a breakdown of items donated and cleaning costs saved
Neither the insured nor their carriers are charged for this service. Since its commencement, our Salvation Army program has saved close to $200,000 in unnecessary cleaning costs for insurance companies!